Heroes of Newerth Forums

[4.1.0] Patch Notes - HoNiversary!

This is the last staff post in this thread.  
    [GM] Garena Staff

[4.1.0] Patch Notes - HoNiversary!

From balance changes to quality of life improvements to reworks and everything in between, HoN 4.1.0 is going to be a legendary patch that will bring new and old players exciting changes freshening up the HoN experience.

The third and final update to the Hero Mastery system is here for this year's HoNiversary. From additional levels to new rewards this Hero Mastery Update is sure to improve your experience and expand your possibilities in the HoN Hero Mastery system.

Hero Mastery Rewards
    HoN 4.1.0

The Individual Hero Mastery has been increased to LV15 meaning that you will have the possibility to earn 5 additional rewards for every hero in the game!

Here are the new levels and rewards:
    LV11 Coupon
    LV12 50 SC
    LV13 Emote*
    LV14 60 Tickets
    LV15 Epic Border**

New Reward: Emote

When you rank up a hero to Level 13 in the Hero Mastery System you'll be granted access to the new Emote ability. Located in the UI near your taunt and courier icons, the Emote ability will make your character do a special dance on the battlefield. Whether you're in the thick of battle or just starting out in lane, now you can show everyone in lane that you've mastered your hero!

New Reward: Epic Border

With more levels comes another tier of Hero Mastery decor. When you achieve LV15 with a hero in the Hero Mastery system your hero's border icon, taunt badge, and teleportation effects will be taken to the next level and upgraded to "Epic".

Overall Hero Mastery Rewards
    HoN 4.1.0

The Overall Hero Mastery has been increased to LV100 from LV50 and yep, you guessed it. With more levels comes more rewards! Every additional 5 levels that you earn beyond LV50 will net you with a sweet reward.

Here are the new levels and rewards for the Overall Hero Mastery:

New Reward: Super Boost

To further propel you into Mastery greatness, we've created the Super Boost. The Super Boost is the mecca of all boosts. You can use the Super Boost to earn 9x times the normal Mastery Experience for one match.

There are a few other details that go along with the Super Boost:
    * Super Boosts can only be earned via the Mastery System.
    * Each player will receive a free Super Boost upon launch of 4.1.0.
    * Super Boost can only be used on LV1 & LV0 (Mastery level before match) Heroes.

Boost Bundles
    HoN 4.1.0

Another addition to the Hero Mastery System is Boost Bundles. Boost Bundles can be purchased in store and contain 10 Mastery Boosts. When you purchase a Boost Bundle, the product won't show up in your vault but you will be given 10 additional Mastery Boosts that will show up during the end screen of a match.

Boost Bundles will offer a 10% discount on normal Mastery Boosts!

Gold Hero Bonus Experience Increase
    HoN 4.1.0

Adding in an additional perk to the Hero Mastery System, we've increased the Mastery XP Bonus per Gold Hero (LV10 or higher) from 5% to 10%. This should allow you to master more heroes in less time!

Keep in mind that the maximum bonus remains at 50% so now you can reach the maximum with 5 Gold Heroes as opposed to 10.

Mastery Ladder
    HoN 4.1.0

Lastly, we've added a Hero Mastery Ladder where you can head to see the top 1000 players with the highest Mastery Ranks. Who doesn't like to compare their achievements?

Champions of Newerth Season 3
    HoN 4.1.0 - 4.1.5

After gathering the feedback that you've all given from the past two seasons of Champions of Newerth (CoN), we're here with quite a few changes coming with Season 3. Hopefully we've addressed the issues that you've felt needed to be addressed and if you have further feedback on the system we are continually listening so please make sure you make your feedback known.

Season 3 Changes

- Due to the general inflation of each player's Rank during the last Season, Rank compression will be heavier than normal this Season.
    - The Rank growth has been adjusted to not be as geared towards progression, and will feature absolutely no progression outside of skill in the upper brackets.
    - Win Streak bonuses will no longer be active in this Season.
    - Players can now see whether they have won or lost a Placement Match in their Placement Match history progression bar.

HoN 4.1.0 isn't just a patch for HoNiversary. This patch is bringing a load of balance changes that should give the players a fresh look into the world of Newerth. From new items to reworked heroes to quality of life changes, 4.1.0 will be one of the biggest and most impactful patches of 2017!

Backdoor Protection System
    HoN 4.1.0

A Backdoor Protection System is now implemented in the game:
    - Towers regenerate 75 Health per second while the Backdoor Protection System is active.
    * Only heals damage taken while the Backdoor Protection System is active.

- Backdoor Protection System is enabled after 15 seconds when no enemy creep/catapult is in 1500 radius of the respective Tower.
    - Backdoor Protection System is disabled when an enemy creep/catapult enters within 1500 of the respective Tower.
    - Backdoor Protection System will not activate when taking damage from friendly units.

- Tier 1 Towers (outermost towers) are not affected by the Backdoor Protection System
    - Tier 3 Towers and all other base buildings lose the benefits of the Backdoor Protection System if 1 of those Tier 3 Towers or base buildings have lost the Backdoor Protection.

Automated Courier
    HoN 4.1.0

Automated Courier
    - Movement Speed towards your hero increased from 522 to 550
    * Time to destination decreased from 17 seconds to 15 seconds if the courier travels from Legion fountain to the middle of the river in the middle lane.
    - Movement Speed towards your Well increased from 225 to 330
    * Time to destination decreased from 40 seconds to 28 seconds if the courier travels from Legion fountain to the middle of the river in the middle lane.

Miscellaneous
    HoN 4.1.0

- Gold per minute changed from 69 to 100.
    * This change also affects Mid Wars.

- Starting Gold decreased from 603 to 600.
    - Default Max Movement Speed limit increased from 522 to 550.

- Shop detection radius for the Outposts increased from 500 to 600.
    - The Ally Well now grants a bonus 150 Movement Speed for 2.5 seconds.
    * Dispels early if you travel too far from the Well.

Aluna
    HoN 4.1.0

Emerald Red
    - No longer has charges.
    - When activated, any ability cast within a 10 second timeframe is powered up (like they currently are, with the exception of Power Throw: see below).
    - Activating Emerald Red grants {0/1/2} charges of Power Throw. These instances of Power Throw are free to cast as long as Emerald Red is active.

Bramble
    HoN 4.1.0

Ability 1: Fungal Spit (Reworked)
    * Range: 1000
    * Mana Cost: 90/100/110/120
    * Cooldown: 11/10/9/8 seconds
    - Target a location to launch a pod in a line, hitting all enemies and allies. Deals {70/125/180/235} Magic Damage to enemies while healing allies for {60/90/120/150}.

Ability 2: Enhanced Shrubbery (Reworked)
    * Mana Cost: 60
    * Cooldown: 18 seconds
    - Activate to leave a trail behind you for 6 seconds, granting yourself and allies {30/60/90/120} Movement Speed while they are on the trail.
    *Each part of the trail remains on the ground for 4 seconds after spawning.

Abilty 3: Chomp! (Reworked)
    - Cooldown: 12/10/8/6 seconds
    - When off cooldown, your attack Chomps the target, dealing {4/6/8/10}% of Bramble’s Max Health as bonus Magic Damage and putting the skill on cooldown.

Entangling Vine Wall
    - Cooldown increased from 80/70/60 seconds to 120/100/80 seconds.
    - Attack Range of Vine Walls increased from 250 to 300.
    - Movement Speed Slow increased from 30/40/50% to 40/50/60%.
    - Attack Damage of Vine Walls increased from 10/20/30 to 15/30/45.

Cthulhuphant
    HoN 4.1.0

- Strength gain per level increased from 2.8 to 3.5.

Trample
    - Mana Cost increased from 115 to 120.
    - Cooldown increased from 12 seconds to 15 seconds.
    - No longer stops when Cthulhuphant touches a cliff.
    Magic Damage from launched non-hero units changed from 15/20/25/30 to 20.
    - Travel speed increased from 800 units per second to 1000 units per second.

Obliterate (Reworked)
    * Range: 600
    * Radius: 200
    * Mana Cost: 90/100/110/120
    * Cooldown: 25 seconds

- Activate to shoot a pulse of water in front of Cthulhuphant every second for 4 seconds. The pulse of water moves and turns with Cthulhuphant.
    - Damage from each pulse starts at 30/40/50/60 Magic Damage and deals an additional {5/10/15/20} Magic Damage every second. Max total Magic Damage of {200/300/400/500}.
    * Can damage Siege units.

Ability 3: Maddening Revenge (Reworked)

- Whenever you take non-DoT Physical Damage, you deal Physical Damage to the attack equal to {20/30/40/50}% of Cthulhuphant’s Strength (3x for non-hero units).

Dreams of Madness (Reworked)
    * Radius: 700
    * Mana Cost: 200
    * Cooldown: 140/120/100 seconds

- Activate to gain an aura for 6 seconds that applies a {20/30/40}% Movement Speed Slow to enemy units.
    - Enemies units who look at you for a combined 2 seconds will go mad, attacking Cthulhuphant for 3 seconds.

Pyromancer
    HoN 4.1.0

Phoenix Wave
    - Damage increased from 100/170/240/310 to 110/180/250/320.
    - Range increased from 600 to 900.
    - Travel distance increased from {600 to 900}.

Dragonfire
    - Range increased from 600 to 625.
    - Stun duration increased from 1.6 to 1.6/1.9/2.2/2.5.
    - Damage reduced from 100/160/220/280 to 80/120/160/200.

Fervor
    - Attack Speed per charge increased from 20/30/40/50 to 20/40/60/80.
    - Cast Speed increased from 10/20/30/40 to 20/40/60/80.
    - Burning Effect removed.

Blazing Strike
    - Magic Damage lowered from 450/675/950 to 450/650/850.
    - Cooldown lowered from 150/90/55 to 100/80/60.

Klanx
    HoN 4.1.0

H.A.W.K.
    - No longer a passive ability. Instead, activate to grant him the bonuses of H.A.W.K. for {10/20/30/40 seconds}.
    * Mana Cost: 50
    * Cooldown: 10 seconds
    - Movement Speed bonus increased from 0/5/10/15% to 5/10/15/20%.

A.T.K. Drones
    - Cooldown increased from 60 seconds to 120/90/60 seconds.
    - The first Drone no longer deals 2x damage to non-Hero units.
    - The second Drone now deals 20 Magic Damage and applies a 20% Movement Speed Slow for 2 seconds.
    - The third Drone now deals 20% of your Base Damage as Magic Damage (instead of healing you based on your Base Damage).

Forsaken Archer
    HoN 4.1.0

- Attack Range decreased from 600 to 550.

Crippling Volley
    - No longer uses a skeleton to cast Crippling Volley.
    - Now has a cast action time of 200ms and a cast time of 800ms.
    - Cooldown decreased from 18/16/14/12 seconds to 10 seconds at all levels.
    - Immobilize duration changed from 1/1.5/2/2.5 seconds to 1.5/1.75/2/2.25 seconds.

Split Fire
    - Attack split count increased from 2/3/4/5 to 5 at all levels.
    - Attack Speed bonus increased from 10/15/20/25 to 15/20/25/30.
    - Now passively grants the Attack Speed bonus (rather than needing to toggle the Split Fire on).
    - No longer amplifies damage against Forsaken Archer by 15% when toggled on.
    - Split Fire attack range has been decreased from 650 to 600 (in conjunction with the general Attack Range reduction).
    - Split Fire's damage per shot decreased from 50/60/70/80% to 45/55/65/75% of your main shot.

New Consumable Item: Rejuvenation Potion
    HoN 4.1.0

*Consumable Item
    *Cost: 400 Gold
    *Cooldown: 300 seconds

- Upon use, restores 1200 Health and 900 Mana over 20 seconds. Dispels when damaged by a player or by a building.
    * Also sold at the Observatory.

New Supportive item: Sand Scepter
    HoN 4.1.0

- Recipe: Luminous Prism (1500) + Amulet of Exile (465) + Recipe (600) = 2565 Gold Total
    - Passively gives: +5 Strength, +5 Agility, +25 Intelligence

- Active: Target an ally or self to dispel Debuffs, or target an enemy to dispel their buffs and immobilize them for 2 seconds. Enemies are also Revealed and Sighted for the duration.
    * Action Type: Target Entity
    * Range: 700
    * Mana Cost: 60
    * Cooldown: 20 seconds

Shrunken Head
    HoN 4.1.0

- Duration reduced from 10 to 7 seconds.
    - Cooldown reduced from 80 to 65 seconds.
    - No longer loses duration and cooldown with every use.

Barbed Armor
    HoN 4.1.0

- Recipe changed from: Broadsword (1200) + Apprentice’s Robe (450) + Ringmail (550) = 2200 Gold Total to:
    - New: Punchdagger (500) + 2x Bolstering Armband (450) + Recipe (600) = 2000 Gold Total.
    - Now passively gives: +15 Damage, +15 Strength.
    - Can no longer be disassembled.

Merrick's Bounty
    HoN 4.1.0

- Now has an active effect which consumes all the charges for their Gold value.
    * Same effect as if you killed a creep.
    - Gold per charge increased from 9 to 10.
    - No longer automatically gains 1 charge whenever coming off cooldown.

These changes only scratch the service of everything that's being changed in HoN 4.1.0. For all the balance changes and the entire set of patch notes, head here:

Player Communication
    HoN 4.1.0

We know that good communication is one of the core aspects to good teamwork and ultimately winning a game of HoN. We've added in a number of new ways to communicate with your teammates without the use of Voice Chat:

- Players can now hold down the "Alt" key and left-click on various parts of the HUD to communicate key pieces of information to their teammates via Team Chat. These include (but are not limited to):
    *An ability on your hero (tells your teammates whether the ability is ready to be used or not, and indicates the reason why)
    *An item in your inventory (tells your teammates whether the item is ready to be used or not, and indicates the reason why)
    *An item in the item shop (tells your teammates whether you plan on buying an item and how much more gold you need to purchase it)
    *Enemy hero icon on the sidebar (tells your teammates respawn time if the hero is dead, or indicates that the specific hero is missing)
    *The selected unit's Health and Mana bar (tells your teammates your current Health or Mana correspondingly)
    *State bar icons (tells your teammates that you're affected by a particular state)
    *Current Gold (tells your teammates whether you have enough gold or not to buy back - this takes into consideration the gold loss on death if you are still alive when you do this)

- Players can now ping the minimap while the game is paused.

Automated Courier
    HoN 4.1.0

Another quality of life change comes with the new Automated Courier. Not only will the courier be faster but now you can rearrange items on your courier while it's in transit to and from your hero.

Cloud Storage Settings
    HoN 4.1.0

Gone are the days of having to recreate your personalized settings every time that you change computers. With Cloud Storage Settings you can upload, save, and sync your personalized settings to the cloud so they'll be there anytime you want them!

HoN Facebook Live (BETA)
    HoN 4.1.0
    Players will now be able to livestream their games to their Facebook! Choose to show off your skills to your friends in real time!
    Note that there are some known issues (mouse flickering and most Facebook features are not supported).
    Last edited by smokin24; 09-05-17 at 02:08 AM.

[MODS] Forum Moderator

Dear Heroes,

On 9th May 2017, starting at 0600hrs (GMT+8), our game servers will be on maintenance mode in preparation for Patch 4.1.0. We expect servers to be live by 1500hrs (GMT+8).

Please be informed that during this time, all game services will be unavailable. Players are advised to logout before the maintenance to avoid disruptions.

*Downtime may be extended without prior notice due to unforeseen circumstances.
    Forum Moderators are not Garena employees. My posts in no way represent the view of Garena or any of its staff.
    -----------------------------

Discord: Raezhen#9878
    Dwayne
    Raedhen N. Cabel |
    Forum Moderator (Community and Events)

Help

Help

GM WHAT HAPPENED WHEN I START MY HON THIS COMES UP, I ALREADY UPDATED HON FOR 8TH OF MAY PATCH

This comes up ---> http://imgur.com/rTeoRZF check the image please, cannot upload here size too large

The console comes up, the screenshot is on the image how to fix this please
    Last edited by roldanthehon; 09-05-17 at 12:49 PM.

50% gold

50% gold

50% Bonus Gold Sale
    May 11th - May 15th

Don't miss your chance to stock up on Gold Coins for all of the awesome content coming out with this year's HoNiversary.
    Get 50% Bonus Gold on all coin purchases from May 11th 00:00 EDT to May 15th 23:59 EDT.

ARE WE INCLUDED TO IN THIS EVENT, WHY IS IT THAT SOME OF THE EVENT UPDATES WASNT INCLUDED TO US? PH SERVER?

Quote Originally Posted by asoromano24 View Post
    50% Bonus Gold Sale
    May 11th - May 15th

Don't miss your chance to stock up on Gold Coins for all of the awesome content coming out with this year's HoNiversary.
    Get 50% Bonus Gold on all coin purchases from May 11th 00:00 EDT to May 15th 23:59 EDT.

ARE WE INCLUDED TO IN THIS EVENT, WHY IS IT THAT SOME OF THE EVENT UPDATES WASNT INCLUDED TO US? PH SERVER?
    yes 50% gold too pls -_-

Help

Help

Hello? I've update my HoN about 2 days ago and play the game normally after updates, now just this minute i write this i cant enter the game because i stuck at the Garena Messenger ask for HoN Update again over and over again, ended in "Garena Updater is busy" i even try to manual download the patch and install it manually but it didnt solve my problem. do i really need to uninstall my hon and reinstall again? because it could waste my time i would say please dont say its the only way, thanks.

Quote Originally Posted by blablues32 View Post
    Hello? I've update my HoN about 2 days ago and play the game normally after updates, now just this minute i write this i cant enter the game because i stuck at the Garena Messenger ask for HoN Update again over and over again, ended in "Garena Updater is busy" i even try to manual download the patch and install it manually but it didnt solve my problem. do i really need to uninstall my hon and reinstall again? because it could waste my time i would say please dont say its the only way, thanks.
    try to change garena region.
    IGN: Devilhansomo
    Get REKT.

i suggest you do a reconnect when it happens again.

maxbet
    maxbet