Heroes of Newerth Forums

K2 Error

K2 Error

I just started to play HoN again(open beta) and for the first couple of days, HoN was perfectly fine and there were no bugs and problems. But when I opened my HoN today, it showed something like a K2 - Fatal Error.
    Actual Text
    K2 - Fatal Error
    D3D_SetMode: Unable to set Mode 0

I'm fairly new to the forums so I honestly don't know if this bug was already fixed or if its not. If it is fixed and there is a thread linking to the solution for my problem, just link me here. Thanks in advance.

Oh yeah.

1. Operating System (XP, Vista or Win 7, 32 bit or 64 bit): Vista - 64 bit
    2. Anti virus and firewall installed - Avira AntiVir Personal and Windows Defender
    3. Description of the bug - Look above
    4. Attach screenshot if possible - I'm working on it
    5. How to reproduce the bug - Whenever I try to open HoN

Exact same problem happening to me actually. Was playing fine yesterday and for some reason it just won't open now. I've updated my drivers and restarted my computer, re-installed HoN, read multiple forums, and ended up coming here out of desperation (because it doesn't look like any actual technicians tied to S2 actually reply to any bug posts here). The fact that i was playing games last night and it's only just stopped working really peeves me. Looks like a lot of other people are having this problem as well... Someone needs to get working on a fix.

1. Operating System (XP, Vista or Win 7, 32 bit or 64 bit): Windows 7 - 64 bit
    2. Anti virus and firewall installed - McAfee Security
    3. Description of the bug - Same as the one above
    4. Attach screenshot if possible - Pointless as it doesn't say anything apart from "K2 Exception: Would you like to save a crash report?" - No options apart from "Yes" or "No"
    5. How to reproduce the bug - Whenever I open HoN through any means.

Can't open the .DMP file because i don't have the programming software that you need to open it with.

Nvm. I found it.

http://forums.heroesofnewerth.com/showthread.php?t=15588
    http://forums.heroesofnewerth.com/showthread.php?t=67476

Dude, update your drivers. Thats what I'm doing right now. Hopefully it works.
    Last edited by Aspiregarena; 04-06-11 at 05:09 PM.

Lol, my drivers are updated. My computer's brand new as well... I've rolled my drivers back and re-installed my drivers. I'm using an Alienware M14x which i'd say should be able to run HoN on ultra settings with no problem... thing is i can't even get the game to start past the S2 loading screen.