Heroes of Newerth Forums

How to counter Skrap, technical talk.

How to counter Skrap, technical talk.

I tried the other forums. I got, stupid answers.

Vorax at lvl 6, seems to take 2 towers a lot if the team comes together just for a moment. I myself win repeated games with Skrap with 0/8 1/10/ 4/9 stats. I just smash with him and I am not a great player yet. So when even a moderately good player uses him. I see us losing towers in 8-12 minutes all the way to tier 3.

So what is an actual good counter to this. Remember I am talking about pub games, so getting 5 ppl to work together does not really work. I need to know what I can do by myself to save my team from Vorax. Any great ideas out there?

The best logical way to make sure Vorax does not kill your tower is to RESPOND with great action. This is a problem with players as they do not want to leave their lane. Supports are lazy to TP or maybe they say 100 Gold TP is too much for them. But still, the best way to counter Vorax is to make all or at least 1 of the Support/Stunner to help killing the Rabbit.

But if Vorax is partnered with Mr. Deadlift, then you can leave your lane and find another spot

Oh, and make sure you kill Skrap first because Area Heal is OP.

EMBRACE THE DARK. I AM THE DARK AVENGER.
    Credits to crowbox88 for updating my Ziggy. Thanks Req! Huehuehuehue
    Quote Originally Posted by megolmania View Post
    Darn. I might bless you as well with my powers of rainbows and unicorns.

You should watch Zlapped's video. He also explain how to counter it.

Also I think Glacius Imprisonment can help stun Vorax for a longer duration.
    Zlapped youtube page : https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCF7o2PogS0WCac5c1VERElg
    UID:2 3 1 7 8 1 7 / I G N : larkdrain / "My HoN Chibi Artworks"

Thank you for the replies. I really do appreciate it. I am trying to become a better player, but asking in game how to deal with a situation just gets me, "OMFG YOU NEWB!" Then about seven more lines of ranting... but not one line with an answer.

It does still require a real bit of team work though. I'm just going to have to start surfing clan sights and find some serious players I suppose.

Thanks again.
    Last edited by steelego; 13-01-16 at 11:41 AM.

I think Ice Imprisonment works longer on non-controllable creeps rather than Heroes. Tried that always in Jungle before and it extends around 2-3 seconds.

It really is impossible to counter that Vorax+Deadlift+WildSoul push with what you said, i.e. with low bracket players UNLESS all your teammates agree to work together in defending as in Zlapped's video. Although, once again, this is problematic since it's in a lower bracket. Anyway, I believe Behemoth is also crucial here because he can block heroes and summons (Vorax) as well as annihilate things when it gets crowded. Also, you may have a team with heroes that have AoE skills that can make creeps' healths plummet, e.g. Pyromancer, Artillery, Magmus, etc. Best of luck!

PS: On the contrary, I believe this "Noob strat", as Zlapped calls it, is the very strategy that will help you gain MMR to around 1700 (the path where people aren't that great at communicating yet).

It's rare to have a team that's willing to pick heroes just to counter that strategy, not on solo queue. Too much people want to play solo heroes.

But anyway. AoE spells and auras are way to go. Heroes that can constantly throw spells that can clear a wave. Minus armor spells work wonders. Behe Salforis Myrmidon Torturer Defiler Midas. There's a lot.

For some unorthodox counters, try Prisoner for sneaky hero pick-offs for an opening instead of dealing with vorax first. Gauntlet's hook goes through creeps and has decent range at lv3-4. Artillery can deal tons of damage from a far. Valk javelin can hold vorax for 5s. Slither can poison vorax until it dies if her wards constantly attacks it. Pestilence/Andromeda for armor debuff. Dsham has his ulti.

You can even try Deadlift as a counter, force all creeps to attack vorax and you're good.
    Last edited by kenricafort2; 14-01-16 at 12:19 AM.
    UID: 57233129
    IGN: RoboCox
    HoN Playlist

Quote Originally Posted by pmiggs777 View Post
    It really is impossible to counter that Vorax+Deadlift+WildSoul push with what you said, i.e. with low bracket players UNLESS all your teammates agree to work together in defending as in Zlapped's video. Although, once again, this is problematic since it's in a lower bracket. Anyway, I believe Behemoth is also crucial here because he can block heroes and summons (Vorax) as well as annihilate things when it gets crowded. Also, you may have a team with heroes that have AoE skills that can make creeps' healths plummet, e.g. Pyromancer, Artillery, Magmus, etc. Best of luck!

PS: On the contrary, I believe this "Noob strat", as Zlapped calls it, is the very strategy that will help you gain MMR to around 1700 (the path where people aren't that great at communicating yet).
    Not anymore:

Onslaught no longer forces ElitePets to attack Onslaught's main target.* Currently Vorax, Booboo and Boris are considered ElitePets.

Quote Originally Posted by alzsolstice View Post
    I think Ice Imprisonment works longer on non-controllable creeps rather than Heroes. Tried that always in Jungle before and it extends around 2-3 seconds.
    This does not work on Vorax. but this is working for Malphas. Dunno why.
    Ice Imprisonment on Vorax only has a normal effect. On Malphas, it has extended effect. like when you II the creeps or neutral creeps
    HoN IGN: ``KANE_
    Garena Messenger: t0nzkie19
    UID: 162388023

Quote Originally Posted by alzsolstice View Post
    Not anymore:

Onslaught no longer forces ElitePets to attack Onslaught's main target.* Currently Vorax, Booboo and Boris are considered ElitePets.
    Onslaught for vorax still working as of February 2, 2016

Well Skrap is my favorite hero. I think there is only 1 hero who can destroy vorax easily (yeah, with your team mate)
    I hate POLLYWOG PRIEST when I use skrap. He can just Vodoo, Tongue-Tied or even destroy Vorax by his ward while attacking a tower.

Quote Originally Posted by chamiki1 View Post
    Boom bamm
    Unnecessary post and don't bump old threads.
    - Online Forum/ Game Background History -
    Former Support & Event Game Master of Elite Ragnarok / Former Support Game Master of Seireitei Ragnarok Online / Former Forum Moderator of SEAGunz / Former Game Adviser of Elite Cabal