Heroes of Newerth Forums

Help! HON wont start up!

Help! HON wont start up!

im using windows xp. i just downloaded hon today and got my beta key. then i installed it and open garena messenger.. so i was excited to play but then when i clicked the start button nothing happened. it just loads but then hon doesnt even open... i restarted my pc and re installed hon twice but still same thing happens. please help!! i want to play hon!!!! >.<

Marquis of Newerth

Try to wait up , maybe it delay..

Permanently Suspended

I have no idea to solve this problem...

Maybe your comp is settled something before you install hon? Or thats a one way to solve this... Re-Format your com...

Marquis of Newerth

Quote Originally Posted by fs.skeeet View Post
    im using windows xp. i just downloaded hon today and got my beta key. then i installed it and open garena messenger.. so i was excited to play but then when i clicked the start button nothing happened. it just loads but then hon doesnt even open... i restarted my pc and re installed hon twice but still same thing happens. please help!! i want to play hon!!!! >.<
    Try this : After you install HoN
    Go to your Garena Messenger file
    C:\Program Files\Garena Messenger\Apps\HoN\directxredist\
    Launch DXSETUP, accept the agreement >click Next > click Finish when the installing finished.And then launch HoN normally.

HOPE ITS WORKS !
    IGN: Shouz

Permanently Suspended

WTF.. did u create 2 accounts just to post the same thing?
    Anyway, this happened to a friend of mine and we are both knowledgeable about computers, but we have no idea why this bugs exists, and neither does GARENA.

Best thing is to reformat!

No. No. No. Don't reformat. That happened to me too. After you log-in to the Messenger and you click the HoN icon do you see the three little gray dots at the upper right corner of the box where you can see the button that says "Start Heroes of Newerth"? Are they all gray? If so, relog-in then click on the HoN icon again and wait for one of the little gray dots to turn green THEN click the "Start Heroes of Newerth" button. I think this is some sort of server-client connection issue where they don't communicate in-sync with each other.
    Why did Kamikaze pilots bother to wear helmets?