Hey guys, hellfire15 here again with my DREAM Balance patch after watching and playing the game for a good while.
The notes are all proposed changes, they do not have to be implemented at the same time; but I'll try to give my subjective, non-biased opinion on why the hero needs the changes.
Do keep your criticisms civil but constructive and I try to answer it at the best of my capabilities:
Without further ado:
3.1.0 Patch Notes
- Fire Shield: cooldown from 18/15/12/9 to 15/13/11/9 seconds
- Fire Shield: now explodes after the duration if the shield doesn't take sufficient damage
Why? Accursed is currently seeing much lesser play usage as of late; this is mainly due to his rather difficult early game IMO, especially the huge downtime of early levels of Fire Shield. These changes would greatly help his early game power a bit while adding more to his offensive power as well, and would make the hero more of a powerful pick.
- Spider Sting: Spiderling now only takes half damage from non-hero units
Why? Arachna's ultimate is easily countered by heroes with controllable units such as Balphagore's minions, Ophelia's converted neuts, etc. This change should help reduce their effectiveness in killing the spiderling quickly.
- Void Rip: Now disables Portal Key of the enemy hero target upon cast
Why? An interesting change if I say so myself; this would make Andromeda a powerful counterpick against portal key reliant heroes like Pebbles, Pollywog, Pyro, etc.
- LRM: Base Damage from 15 to 15/18/21/24
- Artillery Blast: You now gain a sub-ability [Hotkey F] that allows you to cast this skill without the knockback effect on yourself
Why? Some minor buff and added mechanic which should grant him more utility/etc.
- Quicken: Now also grants 25/50/75/100% Slow Resistance
Why? A much needed yet sensible change if I say so myself. Giving Quicken the same mechanic with Deadwood's Clearcutting should help counter slows which can still pin him down, where in fact, the fastest hero on Newerth can't be slowed in the first place.
- Entangling Vine Wall: Vines will now prioritize the enemy target you attack if they're within its attack range
Why? A simple fix yet it would really help Bramble players a lot since the A.I. of the vines is so weird at the moment, attacking everyone randomly, thereby the damage output becomes absurdly low.
- Blazing Flight: Deals only 75% Damage to creeps and neutrals
- Fiery Barrage: Deals only 75% Damage to creeps and neutrals
Why? Giving this already popular hero the Zephyr farm nerf; by reducing the damage output he does to creeps/neutral down a notch; it should help in reducing his farming capability from skyrocketing too much.
- Stagger: Attack/Movespeed Bonus from 15/30/45/60 to 25/40/55/70
Why? Drunken Master is still suffering from the huge nerfs he got many patches ago, mainly, in his signature skill, which is Stagger, especially the very minor boost this skill grants at early levels at the expense of the much needed Drink charges to sustain yourself while laning. This minor boost should at least return him back a little bit to his former glory.
- Illusory Veil: Cooldown from 18 to 18/17/16/15 seconds
- As One: Cast Range from 300/400/500 to constant 500
Why? A minor buffs which should help her throughout the game. The increased cast range should really help her provide assistance immediately to nearby heroes without having to walk too close and risk getting ganked as well. A scaling cooldown buff to her Wall should help her cast more Walls in teamfights a bit quicker.
- Burning Shadows: Manacost from 85/100/115/130 to 100/110/120/130
- Burning Shadows: Damage source is now Fayde and not from the illusions anymore
Why? A much needed fix: Barbed Armor or any damage reflect abilities should now affect Fayde. The increased manacost at early levels is justified since her stun lasts for 1.6 seconds and stuns a long line as well; this should address her very strong early game presence a bit.
- Hollowpoint Shells: Procs now goes through any kind of evasion properties (e.g. Skills like Rewind, Evasion Items, Uphill, etc.)
- Money Shot: Now grants experience if you kill an enemy hero with it outside the experience range
Why? Giving Flint some much needed changes like his [CENSORED BY ADMIN][CENSORED BY ADMIN][CENSORED BY ADMIN][CENSORED BY ADMIN] counterpart. This changes should really help this poor, gank-magnet orc early game and beyond, being FINALLY able to gain experience when finishing enemy heroes off with his ultimate.
- Quicksand: Cooldown from 20 to 20/18/16/14 seconds
- Crystal Field: Cast Delay from 3/2.75/2.5 to constant 2.5 seconds
Why? Simple buffs that should help this worm a lot. The scaling cooldown on Quicksand should help him land more hard to place/highly situational high potential slow AoE at enemy heroes. The reduced cast delay at early levels should ease his problem from relying on Portal Key/teammates in pulling off a successful ultimate.
- Showdown: Manual Activation of this skill now costs 0 Mana from 50 Mana
- Showdown: Cooldown from 30 to 20 seconds
Why? Showdown is currently his weakest skill and I believe that this changes should help him out a lot. The lesser downtime of Showdown should allow him to place more 99% failproof Pitfall combos, and the reduced manacost should also help his already dismal mana pool.
- Intelligence from 14 + 1.7 to 16 + 1.9
- Crippling Slugs: Cooldown is now refreshed if you kill/assist in a hero kill
- Grappling Shot: Reworked!
* After casting this ability, you can now cast a second Grappling Shot (Free of Charge) within 5 seconds
* Each Shot deals 100/150/200 Physical Damage (200/300/400 Total Damage) and stuns for 0.5 second, still applies the armor debuff
* 100/125/150 Manacost; 90/75/60 second cooldown; 500/600/700 Cast Range of each Shot
Why? Gunblade relies heavily on his Crippling Slugs but his absurdly low mana pool prevents him from doing such that; a boost to his starting stats should help his already weak early game strength. Not only that; I completely reworked his ultimate to become, well, really an ultimate! Giving his ultimate a similar mechanic with LoL Fiora's Lunge skill; this really fits Gunblade's close and personal aggressive gameplay! Also, a nifty new mechanic to his first skill should even encourage players more in playing Gunblade as a ganker now!
- Corpse Toss: Reworked!
* Now starts with 2 charges at all levels!
* Each charge grants 50/80/110/140 Magic Damage and 1 second stun
* 75 Manacost per charge; 18/15/12/9 second cooldown per charge
- Chilling Touch: Max Charges from constant 1 to 1/1/2/2
- Zombie Apocalypse: Cooldown from 140/100/60 to 100/80/60 seconds
- Zombie Apocalypse: Zombies will now prioritize enemy heroes, then towers, then player-controlled units, then non-hero units
- Zombie Apocalypse: Wretched Zombie movespeed from 400 to 400/425/450
Why? Gravekeeper's current problem is that he BADLY needs to level up fast or have a rank 3 Corpse Toss at all times! Making his skill build always stagnant, non-changing! Now, with this change, he MAY now opt for early Corpse Explosion max rank build together with the buff to his ultimate! Some fixes to his ultimate will also help it from being too situational as well
- Shadow Step: Will now deal 80/140/200/260 Magic Damage regardless if the enemy target collides with a hero/tree
- Shadow Step: Nearby enemy hero which collides with your target will now also receive 80/140/200/260 in addition with the stun
- Nether Strike: Removed the 10 second timer; this effect will now persist until you attack
- Illusory Assault: Reworked mechanics!
* Illusions will now persist for 15 second or until they complete 4/5/6 attacks to their respective targets
* Illusions deal 40/60/80 Physical Damage (Same 160/300/540 Total Damage Output) per second for up to 4/5/6 attacks
Why? Grinex currently suffers from being grossly underpowered as a ganker, mainly in the flaws of his ultimate. With these changes, the damage output of the ultimate would most likely be reached and enemies won't just outrun it anymore like they should. Fixes on Shadow Step is justified since it is a high risk low reward ability at the moment, once you miss it colliding with terrain/hero; you already lost a huge damage boost and the stun as well. The reworked mechanic on his ultimate now works similarly to Arachna's ultimate; the illusions will continue to persist until they complete their attacks or until their long time limit is up.
- Lifted units/trees now grant you 1,000 Clearvision over where they stand for the duration of the spell or until you throw them
- Mass Control: SotM Boosted Cast Range/Throw Range from 600 to 900
Why? Some fixes/buffs which I think should help him get back to average/good tier.
- Guardian Angel: Now grants your allied hero target 1.5X your regeneration rate for the duration
- Sol's Conviction: Buff Radius from 500 to 800
- Hand in Hand: Cast Range from 300/400/500 to constant 500
- Hand in Hand: Cooldown from 120/90/60 to 100/80/60 seconds
Why? Some minor buffs which should help Martyr support better, especially at early levels since he's reliant on Hand in Hand's effect and has a huge downtime after casting a level 1 ultimate.
- Crippling Pollen: Cast Range from 500 to 550
- Chrysalis: Damage Reduction from 30/40/50/60% to 45/50/55/60%
- Chrysalis: Heal per second from 20/35/50/65 to 35/50/65/80
Why? Monarch is currently forgotten due to a huge series she received. I reverted the cast range nerf on her first skill, but it will always still be inferior to Glacius's hold. Chrysalis currently provides way too low effects at early ranks and she has to sacrifice her offensive utility spells if they have to place more skill points to it.
- Movespeed from 320 to 315
- Starting Intelligence from 18 to 16
Why? Moon Queen is currently a powerhouse in HoN due to the series of buffs she received. Heck, she became too powerful due to this. Some minor nerf to her early game long range Moon Beam spam and win lanes should keep her in check since she currently has a strong early game and very strong late game.
- Demoralizing Roar: Manacost from 75 to 60/65/70/75
- Battle Experience: Added Mechanic!
* Your normal attacks now apply a debuff at target enemy for 3 seconds (only one enemy can be applied at a time)
* Any incoming damage the target receives (aside from Rally) will ignore 20/30/40/50% of its armor
- Seismic Slam: Radius from 250 to 275
* Cast Range is still 250 (This is to prevent derp moments when you still miss ultimates even if enemies are at the edge of radius)
Why? Minor scaling manacost buff to his Roar since it costs way too much mana for the little effects at early ranks. Battle Experience, in its current state is a filler skill and doesn't provide much for his Rallyish theme! Now once he hits the target, he's rallying his troops to attack the target, like a leader! like a boss! Seismic Slam buff is more of a fix since the skill still sometimes misses targets even if they're at the edge of the radius.
- Ball Lightning: Projectile Speed from 500 to 600
- Storm Blades: Bounces from 1/2/3/4 to constant 4 targets
-Electrical Feedback: Reworked!
* Applies a Damage over Time AoE around you for 8 seconds
* Deals 15/25/35/45 Magic Damage per second (Up to 120/200/280/360 Total Damage); any incoming damage you receive will slow everyone inside the radius by 10% for 3 seconds
* Adds charges to Power Overwhelming with a 1 second timer per enemy hero within the radius
* 75 Manacost; 24/22/20/18 second cooldown; 300 radius
-Power Overwhelming: Will now grant an initial 10/20/30 charges if there are no charges
Why? Ravenor indeed has a strong early game laning power, but the following flaws prevent him from progressing through mid game: Ball Lightning's speed is absurdly slow and is one of the easiest to dodge skillshots in the game; Storm Blades has a weird scaling bounces on earlier ranks and IMO it shouldn't harm if he has a constant bounce since it doesnt that much magic damage; Electrical Feedback is now a static AoE DoT nuke; while his ultimate gets an initial charges if he has none to begin with. I think that these changes would help him a lot and would encourage players to play him more now.
- Shared Existence: Cooldown from 20/16/12/8 to 14/12/10/8 seconds
Why? A simple buff since the skill currently has an absurd cooldown for the not so powerful slow it grants, and note that you need to attack the target to amplify the slow effect
- Attack Range from 600 to 550
Why? Silhouette have always been superior in exchanging hits with enemy harassers mainly due to her passive skill, and she can quickly establish lane dominance due to this. Not entirely sure on how to nerf her strength a bit, so I went with a small attack range nerf.
- Starting Strength from 24 to 22
- Starting Armor from 3 to 1.8
- Blinding Dash: Manacost from 105/110/115/120 to constant 120
Why? This should weaken his early game jungling down a notch and should lengthen his downtime between neutrals and ganking with a much lesser health. A minor manacost nerf to his charge skill is justified since the huge cast range almost guarantees a stun for your team.
- Strength gain per level from 1.8 to 2.3
- Chain Lightning: Manacost from 65/72/79/86 to 65/70/75/80
- Blast of Lightning: Cooldown from 7 to 6 seconds
-Lightning Storm: Cooldown from 120 to 100 seconds
-Lightning Storm: Damage from 210/335/460 to 225/350/475
-Lightning Storm: SotM Damage from 335/460/570 to 400/520/640
Why? Gave this monkey the same buffs his D+O+T+@ counterpart had (although not everything though); and should really help him out a lot; especially the ultimate buffs.
And there you have it; remember to keep things civil and not bashing me without any valid reason. Thanks for reading as I put a lot of my time in making this dream balance patch notes and I hope that this would get recognized in the Int forums.