Heroes of Newerth Forums

HoN start-up problem

HoN start-up problem

I recently changed my video card and was trying to adjust the video resolution of HoN to match it. However, while trying which resolutions would work best with the game, my monitor suddenly went black and started floating a screen that says "Input signal out of range, change resolution to bla bla bla". I swear I already changed my resolution to match that of the one on screen, but still no go. I'm trying to change the resolution of HoN itself, but that's practically impossible since it only displays a black screen. I can hear my account being logged in in the background though.

Help! What do I do?

i got same problem too,when i log in garena messenger and enter heroes of newerth,
    black screen will come and its say "input not supported" i wrong change the screen resolution....until now i cant play HoN how to change it without open the HoN application???

I don't know how to help you guys >< Did you try re-installing?

Quote Originally Posted by NoobEstimate View Post
    I don't know how to help you guys >< Did you try re-installing?
    i try that way also...re-download and re-install it...but the same thing will happen T.T
    can we change it from file game??

Try changing the resolution to another one or you video card may not be compatible with HoN . This is te first of such problems I've heard. So I cant help you there .

IGN : Memory / `Blythe / [Synp]kzra
    UID: - / - / 73953305

Quote Originally Posted by chemromance View Post
    I recently changed my video card and was trying to adjust the video resolution of HoN to match it. However, while trying which resolutions would work best with the game, my monitor suddenly went black and started floating a screen that says "Input signal out of range, change resolution to bla bla bla". I swear I already changed my resolution to match that of the one on screen, but still no go. I'm trying to change the resolution of HoN itself, but that's practically impossible since it only displays a black screen. I can hear my account being logged in in the background though.

Help! What do I do?
    dude try to delete the HON folder in your My Documents.... xD

that want me to get a vailid beta key to "wat" n wat?i dun no wat that it mean?

This is the solution for you problem

This is the solution for you problem

I had faced the exact problem. Re-downloading and re-installing doesnt help either.
    Remove your garena massenger from "Add and remove program" through control panel. And go to "My documents" and delete the folder "Heroes of Newerth (Garena)" so that your recent changes will not have any effect on the original HoN installer. Now reinstall HoN. Good as new.

- uNfx|SH4RQ

Read the date, this thread was one entire year ago.

Thread closed.