RM500,000 TMHNC is now OPEN for Registrations
Raise your weapon, grab your shield, and join in The Battle of the Year!
The Malaysia Heroes of Newerth National Championship 2012 -- Featuring RM 500,000 in cash, we couldn’t wait for you guys to be involved in this exciting event with us! Garena has always had the intention of giving support to the various gaming communities with increasing effort to create a fun and lucrative community for players, granting them infinite opportunities to measure their skills against the top tier teams in the world. The highlights of this tournament would be it having the highest prize pool both in HON and Malaysia gaming history.
Hence, this exclusive for Malaysians only Championships has received an overwhelming response from HON players!
Garena is incredibly excited to announce that the registration for the FIRST offline qualifier of The Malaysia Heroes of Newerth National Championship 2012 is NOW OPEN! Please note that the registration for the first offline qualifier will cease
on 12th April 2012.
The first offline tournament is scheduled to be on the 15th April 2012 in Kuala Lumpur.
All participating teams will be required to adhere to all rules and regulations of the Championship. They will also have to prove acknowledgement that all rules, regulations, and associated times or dates for participation are their sole responsibility. Qualifiers will be played in a Single Elimination, Best Of One format. Grand Finals of the qualifiers will be played in Best Of Three format.
NO 8, Jalan 4A/27A,
Seksyen 2, Wangsa Maju, Kuala Lumpur
Reporting time: 9am
Competition time: 10am
Please take note of the following:
• All official games must be witnessed by Garena Staff and or official Game Marshal(s).
• Time required for game preparation should not be more than 10 minutes.
• Garena Staff and or Game Marshal reserve the rights to disqualify or remove any participant(s) who cause intentional disruption to the execution of the event.
• Apart from the Garena Staff, Game Marshals, Broadcast team and the participants itself, players are not allowed to spectate the game.
• Teams will start with 2 Team points. Each offence would incur 1 Team point. Team will be disqualified when 2 Team points are deducted.
Commencement of Games
• Official games are to be played in TOURNAMENT mode with 10 Spectators and 2 Referees slots.
• All official games must be hosted in OFFICIAL mode.
• Decision on team’s First Ban or Sides will be made via LIVE Coin Toss or In-Game Numerical Roll of 10.
• In the event of a wrong hero pick/ban, the Team Captain should inform the opponents and Game Marshal immediately.
- Game Marshal will then call to remake the game in ALL PICK mode. Participants must
re-pick the same heroes that were chosen before, with the one that was intended to be picked.
• Game result is determined when Throne/World Tree is destroyed.
• Games should be PAUSED in the event of a player(s) disconnection to allow the player to reconnect. Un-pausing the game without Game Marshal’s acknowledgement and consent will incur 1 Team point.
• In the event of a game crash, teams should reconnect (if possible) and continue the match. If a technical issue occurs and player(s) are unable to reconnect, the match must be remade if game time is within 15 minutes.
• If the server picked is deemed bugged or unplayable by either Team Captains within 15 minutes, the game must be PAUSED and the Team Captains will decide to remake or continue the game.
• If a player from either team disconnects, the game should be PAUSED. However, the Team Captain of the player that disconnects may deem it unnecessary (e.g. the disconnected player is able to reconnect and his hero is on a XX second death timer), and call to resume the game.
• If a player disconnects from the game and is unable to reconnect, the player’s Team Captain has the veto power to ask for the game to be continued nonetheless. If he does not wish to do so, the marshals must be consulted on whether the game should be remade (if it is within 15 minutes) or continued in the absence of the disconnected player. Hero is available for use till its timer runs out or removed from game.
• If a match is unable to continue (e.g. more than 1 player disconnecting on either teams / server crash / power outage), the following checklist should be adopted to conclude the winning team:
-> POINTS SYSTEM
• Kill Score: Each hero kill is worth 0.33 points
• Tower Score: Outer towers count as 1 point; Base towers (towers guarding ramp entries) count as 2 points; Ranged barracks count as 2.5 points; Melee barracks count as 3 points; Throne towers count as 3 points. Sum total of all tower points will give the final team score.
• Modifications are banned from use; 3rd party voice program is not permitted for use.
• Players may only use the in-game VOIP.
• In-game team chat is permitted among the team. Global chats should be kept to a minimum if possible however; there are no specific guidelines on this.
• Hurling of offensive remarks is an offence under the Abuse Policy and players may be sanctioned with 1 Team point.
• Spamming is NOT ALLOWED.
Abuse & Exploitation
• Blocking creeps in the base with “Behemoth’s Fissure” is NOT ALLOWED.
• “Backdooring” is deemed as an advanced strategy and there will be no regulations on this.
• Intentional map glitching is NOT ALLOWED.
• Ledge glitching “Kongor” (e.g. abusing slither wards to kill “Kongor” or pulling him to tower) is NOT ALLOWED.
• Abuse of any bugs or glitch is an offence under the Abuse Policy and players may be sanctioned accordingly.
• Sharing Item is ALLOWED.
Team captains are ALLOWED to dispute games after they have been reported. They MUST provide the time that the infraction occurred. All actions (if any) as a result of a dispute are entirely up to Garena (Heroes of Newerth) Tournament Staff.
Behaviour, Infractions & Issues
• English should always be used at the presence of Game Marshals or players who do not speak the same language.
• All instructions given by the Game Marshals or Garena Staff are to be adhered at all times.
• Good manners and sportsmanship are expected from mature competitive players
• “Trash Talking” should be kept to a minimum with appropriate reason. Racism and use of offensive languages are NOT ALLOWED.
• Penalties for infringements of any rules begin with warnings to team bans and forfeits (depending on the severity of the case).
• Garena (Heroes of Newerth) Tournament Staff reserves the rights to amend the rules of this tournament. All decisions by the Garena (Heroes of Newerth) Tournament Staff are FINAL.
Garena reserves the right to modify the rules where and when necessary to ensure fair play for tournaments.
Terms and Conditions:
1) The Heroes of Newerth Malaysia National Championship 2012 is open to all Malaysia citizens/PR.
2) Employees of Garena Malaysia Sdn Bhd and their associate agents, distributors and immediate families are not eligible to participate in this championship.
3) Qualified members or teams are prohibited to participate in subsequent qualifiers of this Championship.
4) For every online qualifier, participants are required to plug-in a clear webcam from the start, throughout the match for identify verification purposes. Please prepare your webcams early in order to avoid delays in match schedules.
5) All participants are to agree to uphold exclusiveness to his/her registered team and cannot be a member of 2 teams simultaneously during this Championship.
6) Teams or individuals found guilty of impersonation or suspected impersonation of another individual in any form will be disqualified even after the dated qualifier or at any point of time throughout the Championship.
7) Qualified teams are required to be present at the grand finals held at Garena Carnival to be eligible to claim the respective cash prizes.
8) Winners are required to produce their original Identification Card for verification purposes. No representative will be allowed to collect the prize on behalf of the winners.
9) By participating in the Championship, participants have willingly consented for his/her particulars to be used in any other platforms that Garena deems fit for the sole purpose of announcing or contacting the individuals involved.
10) Sharing of account is an offence under the Abuse Policy; Substituting of player(s) not corresponding to the Team's registration is NOT ALLOWED. Offenders will be sanctioned and disqualified from the Championship and future tournaments.
11) Failure to comply with the above Terms & Conditions will result in disqualification.
12) By registering in this Championship, participants have agreed to the Tournament Rules & Regulations.
13) Garena reserves the rights to change or amend any terms of this Championship immediately and / or without prior notice.
The Garena HoN Team