Heroes of Newerth Forums

Shadow Blade : Skill/Item Build Suggestions

Shadow Blade : Skill/Item Build Suggestions

Shadow Blade, this guy really interests me, IMO he is the most "changeable" hero in the game yet.
    He can be a STR type hero, an AGI type hero, or an INT type hero, and with that, you can also do almost any item build for him
    and it won't be a bad build.

In this thread, I would want to find out your builds on him, be it STR, AGI or INT type build.
    This would help us discover new and effective builds for him.

I have thought of doing these builds on him:

STR type:
    Steamboots (Str)
    HOBL ---> Behemoth's Heart
    Abyssal Skull
    Insanitarius
    Frostburn
    Daemonic Breastplate

Skill build: (1 - Gargantuan's blast 2 - Feint's Siphon 3 - Soul's Sight 4 - Essence Shift S - Stats)
    lvl 1 - 2
    lvl 2 - 1
    lvl 3 - 1
    lvl 4 - S
    lvl 5 - 1
    lvl 6 - 4
    lvl 7 - 1
    lvl 8 - 3
    lvl 9- S
    lvl 10- S
    lvl 11- 4
    lvl 12- S
    lvl 13- S
    lvl 14- S
    lvl 15- S
    lvl 16- 4
    lvl 17- S
    lvl 18- S
    lvl 19- S
    lvl 20- 2
    lvl 21- 2
    lvl 22- 2
    lvl 23- 3
    lvl 24- 3
    lvl 25 - 3

AGI type:
    Steam Boots (Agi)
    HOBL
    Assassin's Shroud ---> Genjuro
    Shrunken Head
    Frostburn/Symbol of Rage
    Wingbow/Daemonic Breastplate

Skill build: (1 - Gargantuan's blast 2 - Feint's Siphon 3 - Soul's Sight 4 - Essence Shift S - Stats)
    lvl 1 - 2
    lvl 2 - 1
    lvl 3 - 1
    lvl 4 - S
    lvl 5 - 1
    lvl 6 - 4
    lvl 7 - 1
    lvl 8 - S
    lvl 9- 2
    lvl 10- 2
    lvl 11- 4
    lvl 12- 2
    lvl 13- 3
    lvl 14- S
    lvl 15- S
    lvl 16- 4
    lvl 17- S
    lvl 18- S
    lvl 19- S
    lvl 20- S
    lvl 21- S
    lvl 22- S
    lvl 23- 3
    lvl 24- 3
    lvl 25 - 3

INT type:
    Steam Boots (Int)
    HOBL
    Harkon's Blade
    Shrunken Head
    Sheepstick
    Behemoth's Heart

lvl 1 - 2
    lvl 2 - 1
    lvl 3 - 1
    lvl 4 - 3
    lvl 5 - 1
    lvl 6 - 4
    lvl 7 - 1
    lvl 8 - 3
    lvl 9- 3
    lvl 10- 3
    lvl 11- 4
    lvl 12- S
    lvl 13- S
    lvl 14- S
    lvl 15- S
    lvl 16- 4
    lvl 17- S
    lvl 18- S
    lvl 19- S
    lvl 20- S
    lvl 21- S
    lvl 22- S
    lvl 23- 2
    lvl 24- 2
    lvl 25 - 2

Opinion:
    Str type -> this build relies on surviving through high health and armor without the need of shrunken head to avoid magic attacks.
    With life steal from abyssal skull, it would make it harder for him to kill and if enemies try to focus fire on him, if he uses his gargantuan's blast before they do, then he should surivive. He can still do alot of damage by just using gargantuan's blast near an enemy hero and hit him to death.

Agi type -> this build is for killing enemies 1 by 1 with using your genjuro then after hitting the enemy hero with it, using feint's siphon
    immediately after then just hit the enemy to death. The slow from genjuro and then with shrunken head activated your target should
    have a hard time to esacpe you.

Int type -> this build would be the most damaging of the three builds. Turning your attacks into range with Soul's Sight grants you an ease of attacking enemies. With the harkon's blade activated your damage should be very noticable. You should get Shrunken head right after you get harkon's blade or you could get that first.

The Helm of the black legion for me is important to get for laning so that you can farm easy, because having that and gargantuan's blast to max will give you very high survivability, even if you are Int type or Agi type build.

Always having Gargantuan's Blast max 1st on all skill build for me is the best build to make, because it has aoe damage and slow and grants you temporary higher survivabilty for early game.

Post your builds so we can discuss them.
    IGN: paCCi`PuDs
    Clan WHOS YOUR TITO(WYT) officer

Credits to Thanatos for the userbar

Lets see, for me i always max the skill i am going to use the most according to my build
    e.g
    *Gargantuan's blast is 1/Feint siphon is 2/Soul sight is 3 and ultimate is 4

Skillbuilds

Str /agi / int
    Lv
    1|1 / 1 / 3
    2|2 / 2 / 1
    3|1 / 2 / 3
    4|2 / 1 / 2
    5|1 / 2 / 3
    6|4 / 4 / 4
    7|1 / 2 / 3
    8|2 / 1 / 1/2(depends need damage steal or tankiness)
    9|2 / 1 / 1/2(follow previous lv)
    10|3 / 3 / 1(if learnt 2 earlier)/ 2 (if learnt 1 earlier)
    11|4 / 4 / 4
    12-14|3 / 3 / (follow skill learnt at lv 10)
    u know the rest

Items (painstaking part)
    i build items in top to bottom order
    Str
    This item build is to make you a super tank, i did this once and i have approximately 4k hp at lv 20 (ulti giving 40 str +insanitarius + gargantuan's blast) without the Frostwolf and geometers(yes geometers add str just so u know)

Steam boots
    Blood chalice -> Sold later on for slot space
    HotBL
    Insanitarius
    Shaman's headress -> barrier idol
    Frost burn -> splitted for Frostwolf + geometers

1 word, Supertank,it took approximately 15 seconds for a dampeer with riftshards 4 + wingbow to kill me with my insanitarius and gargantuan's blast on(yes while chasing me down)

Agi
    This is my semi-carry / ganker build,most of shadowblade's damage output is based on Feint's siphon damage stealing so the primary objective here is to deal high burst damage every time you use Feint's siphon( 1 auto attack is always possible after the enemy gets hit by feint siphon, however this skill can be disjointed so be careful)

Ghost marchers
    Frost burn ->used to split for late game / brutalizer + shield breaker
    Abyssal skull
    Null stone / Shrunken head(shrunken most of the time)
    extra slots i have no idea what to do.Normally the game ended before i can farm this much
    (my choices of items are *if i get to buy*
    Riftshards / charged hammer
    Runed cleaver /Savage mace)

This build aims for higher damage ( Ultimate gives enough attack speed bonus) so i can kill a hero within 5 seconds after stealing his damage

Int
    The hard carry build, early game i focus on maxing Soul's sight to increase farming potential and the main damage output lies on your items for the bonus magic damage

Steam boots
    Hellflower (Sometimes i skip this item/get this if there's an annoying support in opponent team)
    Whispering helm / harkon's blade
    Shrunken head
    Kuldra's sheep stick
    Riftshards / Charged hammer

this deals LOADS of damage per hit, so attack speed is not a priority(note: if you made a hellflower you can disable a support and the carry at the same time)

My tank / semi carry builds are for early game domination( so far, never lost in early game but late game i cant handle because my farming speed was based on kills and not creeps,eventually enemy out farms me and i lose)
    Play style for his agi build is to be aggressive early game and try to hit the opponent to a point where i can get a kill at lv 3
    Same style for str build but a little more to the safe side
    Int build? just farm ,then unleash your fury!!
    Last edited by xilxeon; 22-12-11 at 10:25 PM.
    What problems?All I need to solve them are shield breakers and riftshards

Credits to 90_thanatos_09

Check out the guides I made in my free time :Wild Soul ,Keeper of the forest
    I
    GN:Xilxeon
    UID:57254762