Heroes of Newerth Forums

Table Turner - Sand Wraith

Table Turner - Sand Wraith

Sand Wraith is a very useful carry that shines mostly in late game.A pro Sand Wraith can carry a losing team to victory. Sand Wraith is my fave hero because it easily turns the tables and change you from a losing team to the winning one. To do this, one must have the skills in farming. These are my skill and item builds(although some are similar to common item builds).

Get the recommended items. Iron Buckler, Logger's Hatchet and Runes of the Blight(1 = 3Charges).
    At the early levels, one must always try to last hit every creep in your way. Dont care about your teammate, just last hit every creep and if your teammate wants to kill, try to always have the finishing blow on the enemy hero.
    LvL1 - Dissipate
    LvL2 - Desert's Curse
    LvL3 - Dissipate
    LvL4 - Desert's Curse
    LvL5 - Desert's Curse
    LvL6 - Mirage
    Upon reaching level 6, use your ultimate to get at least an assist every time a lane is ganked by your teammates. Continue farming.
    LvL7 - Desert's Curse
    LvL8 - Dissipate
    LvL9 - Deserted
    By this time you should already have Ghost Marchers and Helm of the Black Legion. Get Deserted at LvL9 to chase enemy heroes if they managed to escape allied ganks and deal serious damage. When you get these two items, you should farm for the item that makes you a Table Turner, Mock of Brilliance.
    LvL10 - Deserted
    LvL11 - Mirage
    LvL12 - Dissipate
    LvL13 - Deserted
    LvL14 - Deserted
    LvL15 - Attribute Bonus
    By this time you should already have Mock of Brilliance. As the game approaches late game, continue on farming. As you farm, look at your allies if they are to gank or to be ganked. When a clash starts, it is best to come in as the initiator skill hits its target. As you use your ulti, wait for your allies to cast a few spells first before clicking R again to go inside the clash. It is your job to finish off heroes that are capable of heavy damage first, and they wouldnt know that youre behind their back already. Finish them off then finish the supports and tanks.
    LvL16 - Mirage
    LvL17 - AB
    LvL18 - AB
    LvL19 - AB
    As you finished off the gank with flying colors, push the enemy towers to get more gold. As you finish off the mid lane and get mega creeps, farm at the stronger creeps this time. By this time you should already have Shieldbreaker LvL3 and Abyssal Skull or Shieldbreaker LvL3 and Brutalizer. If most of you are melee and you need more survivability during ganks, get Abyssal Skull.If you want more damage and you have only 1 or 2 stunners, get Brutalizer.
    LvL20 - AB
    LvL21 - AB
    LvL22 - AB
    You should finish of your items with a Wingbow. Wingbow is really effective for Sand Wraith as it gives him attack speed, damage, evasion, and + movement speed. Although a very good item for Sand Wraith, you should get it at late game because farming for it during mid game might take a while.
    LvL23 - AB
    LvL24 - AB
    LvL25 - AB
    The match not yet finished? Well finish it. Sell your Helm of the Black Legion and get Behemoth's Heart. This will be the item that says GG to your enemy as it gives you survivability during ganks.

Final Items:
    Ghost Marchers
    Mock Of Brilliance
    Behemoth's Hear
    Shieldbreaker (LvL 3)
    Wingbow
    Abyssal Skull or Brutalizer

Please try to comment at my work for it is my first time posting here.Sorry if I made mistakes or something. First Time. =))))
    Now go and spell doom to your enemies using Sand Wraith. Thanks for reading.
    Last edited by ashlazy; 06-09-11 at 07:17 PM.

Its a good build. I tried it just a while ago and flipped the whole game over. As i got mock of the brilliance,i am in legion, the record was 15 - 28. I slowly turned the game around every clash. It soon became 33 - 35. After that, we won after i got the succeeding items. thumbs up.! =))

Shieldbreaker, Abyssal Skull, Brutalizer ? GG kid...
    get Nullfire Blade, Geometer Bane, Frostwulf Skull instead .

Feeling Lucky ?
    Click above to visit my art gallery

Well, it depends on the player. I want chaos damage, I get these items.And I never lost as a Sand Wraith or maybe once or twice. Anyways, try the build. Getting Shieldbreaker and Mock deals serious damage. You can like 3 hits a Thunderbringer. View the recap of my Sand Wraith games in my account. Also named ashlazy. Thanks for the comment. =)) Ohh. and its Abyssal Skull OR Brutalizer.

What's chaos damage?

Interested in trying Leagues of Legends? Use my refer link pl0x~! CLICK ME!! XD

Roaming Witch Slayer guide !!! Link!

Chaos damage is damage you deal that ignores the opponents armor. It directly damages the opponents HP ignoring damage deductions. With Shieldbreaker, you deal chaos damage because it ignores up to 6 armor I think.

Quote Originally Posted by Himura.Kenshee View Post
    What's chaos damage?
    in HoN , it call true damage
    Garena HoN IGN : Syhice , UID:26422178 ~ New Patch Alt Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by ashlazy View Post
    Chaos damage is damage you deal that ignores the opponents armor. It directly damages the opponents HP ignoring damage deductions. With Shieldbreaker, you deal chaos damage because it ignores up to 6 armor I think.
    It decreases their armor by 6, but what if the target has 20+ armor? Only your 2nd skill gives true damage that ignores armor ect.

Quote Originally Posted by Syhice View Post
    in HoN , it call true damage
    I doubt he means true damage thou. As you can see he refers to sb with it.

Interested in trying Leagues of Legends? Use my refer link pl0x~! CLICK ME!! XD

Roaming Witch Slayer guide !!! Link!

All wrong.
    In Wc3: There are multiple types of ARMOR : Hero type, Heavy type, Fortifield type, and so on...
    There are also multiple types of DAMAGE : Magic, Peircing, Hero, CHAOS, Seige..

So the system works like this : For example: Hero type damage agains Fortifield type armor ( a.k.a 100% of buildings in Wc3 and [CENSORED BY ADMIN][CENSORED BY ADMIN][CENSORED BY ADMIN][CENSORED BY ADMIN] ) will get a 50% DAMAGE REDUCTION ( this does not have to do with THE AMOUNT OF armor ). If the Hero type damage deal 50 damage on a Fortifield type armor with 0 armor, it will deal only 25 damage. Further AMOUNT OF ARMOR will further decrease the damage dealt to it. CHAOS type damage, however will always deal 100% damage on ANY KIND OF ARMOR, this does not bypass the AMOUNT OF ARMOR.

In HoN, there is no type of armor, the building is set to get a 50% damage reduction from the attack from a hero.
    So the answer is : Shieldbreaker, altho reduce the armor of a hero to negative, still deal the NORMAL damage with additional bonus from the negative AMOUNT OF ARMOR, not completely change the damage type to something doesn't exist like CHAOS.
    SW passive, however, deal TRUE DAMAGE, which goes directly to the enemy's HP pool.
    btw, i don't wanna be a mechanic whore, just because no one seemed to understand it.

Feeling Lucky ?

Quote Originally Posted by HorizonBreaker View Post
    All wrong.
    In Wc3: There are multiple types of ARMOR : Hero type, Heavy type, Fortifield type, and so on...
    There are also multiple types of DAMAGE : Magic, Peircing, Hero, CHAOS, Seige..

So the system works like this : For example: Hero type damage agains Fortifield type armor ( a.k.a 100% of buildings in Wc3 and [CENSORED BY ADMIN][CENSORED BY ADMIN][CENSORED BY ADMIN][CENSORED BY ADMIN] ) will get a 50% DAMAGE REDUCTION ( this does not have to do with THE AMOUNT OF armor ). If the Hero type damage deal 50 damage on a Fortifield type armor with 0 armor, it will deal only 25 damage. Further AMOUNT OF ARMOR will further decrease the damage dealt to it. CHAOS type damage, however will always deal 100% damage on ANY KIND OF ARMOR, this does not bypass the AMOUNT OF ARMOR.

In HoN, there is no type of armor, the building is set to get a 50% damage reduction from the attack from a hero.
    So the answer is : Shieldbreaker, altho reduce the armor of a hero to negative, still deal the NORMAL damage with additional bonus from the negative AMOUNT OF ARMOR, not completely change the damage type to something doesn't exist like CHAOS.
    SW passive, however, deal TRUE DAMAGE, which goes directly to the enemy's HP pool.
    btw, i don't wanna be a mechanic whore, just because no one seemed to understand it.
    opps. . too long didnt play w3 .

that call pure damage in w3 , and in hon called true damage ..
    Garena HoN IGN : Syhice , UID:26422178 ~ New Patch Alt Avatar

well , pure damage doesn't exist in w3, the coding made it happens.

Feeling Lucky ?

GM ,I want to ask you a question , and that is why my game has been "No response from server" has two days frown emoticon ....I tried to again download..also same "No response from server" frown emoticon ...PLS HELP ME

Quote Originally Posted by happybird12 View Post
    GM ,I want to ask you a question , and that is why my game has been "No response from server" has two days frown emoticon ....I tried to again download..also same "No response from server" frown emoticon ...PLS HELP ME

wow he revived a post that is dead for 4 years

Looking for a support player for long term TMM
    PM me now~

Quote Originally Posted by happybird12 View Post
    Please don't bump old threads. If you are a PLDT user , contact your ISP because they are having a problem with their internet. Else, make sure HON is not blocked by your Firewall.

Requesting MODS to close this thread.

EMBRACE THE DARK. I AM THE DARK AVENGER.
    Credits to crowbox88 for updating my Ziggy. Thanks Req! Huehuehuehue
    Quote Originally Posted by megolmania View Post
    Darn. I might bless you as well with my powers of rainbows and unicorns.